The Benefits of Outdoor Lighting Design
Lighting design by Think Home Improvement is one of the simplest and least expensive things you can do to make the exterior of your home more beautiful and increase its value. However, outdoor lighting involves more than just mounting a few bulbs on the exterior of the house. A good lighting design can completely light the exterior of the house and surrounding areas while still remaining unobtrusive and aesthetically pleasing. In the ideal situation, it can also be done without the homeowner needing to spend a fortune on electricity, but you can get a business electric comparison easily that way you go with the best option and don’t end up spending more than you should.
What Is Outdoor Lighting Design?
Outdoor lighting design is the placement of lights on the outside of the house or in various places around the yard, garden, or other exterior areas of the property. In recent years, it has become a major trend among home owners, and there have been a number of exciting advances in the field. Exterior fixtures are no longer limited to flood lights and glass fixtures to be mounted on the outside of the house. It now includes graceful hanging lanterns, LED lights, and recessed ground lighting for illuminating paths and sidewalks. It can be tailored to match the overall design scheme of your home, and to fulfill a variety of purposes.
What Are the Benefits of Outdoor Lighting?
Lighting up the outside of your home can provide a number of benefits, from the practical to the largely aesthetic. Security and safety are foremost among them. Landscape lighting can be designed to illuminate dark corners of your property where people and animals might hide. In addition, lights can be placed so they illuminate exterior walkways and outside doors for family members or guests walking around the property in the dark.
Landscape lighting is also useful for families who like to entertain at home. It can be used to light up a deck or patio and make it comfortable late into the night. Finally, atmospheric outdoor lighting is a great way to draw attention to statement pieces on the outside of the houses. They can be placed so that they light up statues, gardens, or architectural flourishes of which you are particularly proud.
What Types of Outdoor Lighting Design Are There?
There are many different types of outdoor lighting that you can choose from, and some of the most successful designs make use of several of them working together. These are some of the creative kinds of exterior lighting you might want to try.
- Moon Lighting: In this style of lighting design, lights are placed high in the tops of trees and allowed to filter down through the branches. This creates a diffuse lighting effect that provides plenty of brightness on the ground without the harshness of direct spotlights.
- Pathway Lighting: These are low-lying lights placed along the edges of a pathway or exterior sidewalk. They are largely practical in nature, lighting up the path to prevent people walking on it from tripping and falling in the dark.
- Uplighting: Uplighting makes use of ground-mounted spotlights that shine upward to illuminate points on the outside of the house or in the garden. They are good for drawing attention to spots on the outside of a building or in the yard.
- Lanterns: Lanterns are one of the oldest types of exterior lighting. They are low-wattage lights that suspended from poles or wires, either in clusters or singularly. They can be made out of glass, paper, or plastic.
- LED Lighting: LED lights are bright, low-efficiency bulbs that are highly resistant to moisture, making them ideal for outdoor lighting configurations. They can made in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors so they are useful for realizing a number of different lighting configurations. Another benefit of LED lights is that they are highly energy efficient.
Why You Should Choose INARAY to Help Design an Outdoor Lighting Design for Your Home?
There are several places you can look for help designing an exterior lighting plan but INARAY is the only Richmond, VA based lighting company still owned by the original owner. INARAY takes the time to work with you to develop a design that meets the look and feel of your home.